Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Organising the Office in May

After finding out we are expecting another baby I thought I'd better pull my finger out and start organising this house (as it's only two bedroom and quite small, I know I need to be organised to stop me from pulling all my hair out!) and the first place I wanted to start was my home office in the cupboard.

Also since starting a blog I decided I needed somewhere in our little house to write it and organise it, although starting this blog isn't the only reason why I need a home office.  I also need an area that can store important documents, family keepsakes, children's craft's, mail, and a place where I can keep other officey type things.
I had already assigned a linen cupboard as a place where I wanted my home office and I have painted and wallpapered the inside.  The only problem I had was that I just dumped everything in there and shut the door.  Big mistake! I ended up having paper all over the place and could never find anything when I wanted it, which was very frustrating.

Before


   
 But then ... One day I was reading one of my fave blogs 'The Organised Housewife' and Katrina had posted on her blog that she would be dedicating the entire month of May to organising the home office - Yipee! and I thought great what awesome timing!

So the first thing I had to do was to clear some of the mess out of the way so that I could actually get in there and do some serious work.  I headed to the local $2 shop and purchased a few storage items like plastic storage boxes of different sizes, ring binders, and storage drawers.

Armed and ready to go I set to work roughly sorting and preparing where I wanted everyhting to go.  Now I think I'm finally ready to start following Katrina's tips so that I don't fall into having a 'dumping' cupboard again.
Now


So follow me on this organising quest as I work through organising my home starting with my office in the cupboard, and if you are needing help in organising your home office then I recommend following with Katrina at 'The Organised Housewife' to get some great tips.