Thursday, June 14, 2012

29 Weeks

Wow! 29 weeks already!  I have felt sooooo lazy and tired this week, just as if I have no energy.  The weather lately hasn't been helping either, it's been cold and gloomy, so we've basically been snuggled up inside next to the fire with one or two quick dashes to Woolies for basics.  Pickle and I haven't been out in the back yard or for a walk since last Friday :(

I have however finally managed to take a pregnancy photo of Jellybean at week 29 and here it is.



Before I got the lazy bug I did attend a breastfeeding class run by the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH), which was really really helpful and it has made me feel more confident about breastfeeding.  Even though Jellybean is our second baby, I chose not to breastfeed Pickle for well stupid reasons really.  So this time I am determined to at least give it a try.

Other progress on the pregnancy front is that I'm now changing care systems at the RHH from Know Your Midwife (KYM) to a new program where I see the two same midwives at each visit and they will be there for the birth as well as coming to see us at our house after Jellybean is born, it's a bit late in the pregnancy but I do prefer this option.
I'm also all booked in for my 36 week scan to check the placement of the placenta, so hopefully it has grown upwards with my uterus and I won't be needing a cesarean, because frankly that scares the crap out of me!

Have you or anyone you know had pregnancy worries or uncertainties and how did you deal with them?



8 comments:

  1. Lovely to find your blog and learn more about you and your family. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy and i relly hope your placenta has moved up! As for pregancy, i have had three and all pretty adventurous!;) i found the 1:1 midwife prgram a fantastic support for worries x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, I am really looking forward to the one on one contact with the midwife :)

      Delete
  2. It must be something about week 28 that is exhausting, because I've done very little except for lie around in front of the fire with a book and the kidlets. Super exhausting. 29 weeks tomorrow for me, so we're due about the same time!

    I loved the KYM scheme, but seeing the same two midwives each time sounds awesome as well. I'm just being seen at the clinic closest to home this time, to cut the travelling time.

    Good luck with the breastfeeding too, it can be tough depending on the babe, but it's so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats :) Yes must be something around this time for us! especially with this cold gloomy weather... although it has been better for the past two days. I'm really enjoying the KYM scheme, as I have seen the same midwife at every appointment anyway. My fiance works in Hobart so I just drop him off then go to my appointment so it kinda works for us as we only have one car.
      I'm due on the 27th of August, so I'm up to week 30 now, yay, so sick of being pregnant lol. When are you due?

      Delete
  3. I was a worrier during my pregnancy. I overcame most of my worries by writing down all of my questions and firing them at my obstetrician every time I saw him. I think it's normal to have some worries but our birthing team is there to reassure us. Let us know how things go with your checkup.

    Also, just letting you know that we have given you the Liebster Award. I'm new to reading your blog and we (over at Melting Moments) are new bloggers too.
    Have a squizz at your award here: http://meltingmoments.info/?p=585

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine with my first (I know it sounds silly) but with this one I'm worrying about everything lol. Good idea writing all the worries down! why didn't I think of that before... Will be letting you know about how everything goes :)
      Thanks so much for the Liebster Award I'm off to check it out now!

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely shot! I should start doing belly shots, too, they make great memories and I love looking at everyone else's photos, but I'm so lazy with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get lazy with mine too, with my son I started doing them early, then stopped, and with this one I didn't do them early but started late lol...

      Delete