Sunday, June 10, 2012

No Egg Chocolate Brownies

Yesterday I was all ready and set to make some yummy chocolate brownies but... I had no eggs!!!  So I jumped on to Google and searched and came across this recipe.  I did change it a bit though because I wanted to add some dark and white chocolate to it.  Here is my version of the no egg chocolate brownie recipe.

No Egg Chocolate Brownies

1/3 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Water
125g Butter
50g Dark Chocolate
1 1/2 Cups Golden Caster Sugar (you could use caster)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Plain Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
50g White Chocolate, Chopped

Preheat oven to 180C.  Grease a slice pan and line with baking paper.  
In a saucepan combine 1/3 cup of flour and water.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick.  Transfer to bowl.  
In a small saucepan, melt butter and dark chocolate.  Set aside to cool.  Beat the sugar and vanilla into the flour mix.  Stir in the butter and chocolate mix until combined.  
Add rest of flour measurement, baking powder and salt.  Lastly fold in chopped white chocolate.
Spread into pan.  Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.  Cool before cutting.