Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Little Book Adventure : Project 1

I have had this all set up for a couple of weeks but only just managed to take a photo of it.  So here is Pickles little reading nook in the corner of our lounge room.  This is project 1 of the challenge, get creative with your book storage.

The first thing I did was made a little book box to display the books for easy access.  I made it out of a empty nappy box by cutting a section out then covering it with fancy contact.


The next step was setting up the area so it's nice and comfy for Pickle to sit and read and also accessible for us adults to read to him.  I had an existing coffee table there and a lamp, I added a little blanket throw on the floor then his little fold out couch, a couple of spare pillows, his big Elmo toy and other stuffed toys, a lovely vintage alphabet poster, then finally I added his two new book boxes and an extra storage box for excess books.





 And there you have it a cosy little reading nook for my little man!

I'm linking this up to My Little Bookcase for The Little Book Adventure 2012.


3 comments:

  1. What a great little nook! A reading corner is next on my list for our toyroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, our little boy loves to sit on the little couch and read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what you can do with a nappy box and contact. Well done. I love your creative idea.

    ReplyDelete