Monday, August 06, 2012

Scan Update and Spinning Babies!

Well I'm officially 37 weeks today so that means only three weeks until my due date :) that doesn't garantee that I will have my baby girl in my arms by then though (if she's anything like her big brother, she'll be late...). 

At the start of this week I feel really positive about the up and coming birth of our baby girl, there is a huge sense of relief after haivng the 36 week scan last Monday, it turns out that the placenta is in a normal area and that there is nothing to worry about.  I'm so happy about the outcome!
I had my midwife come and visit me in my home on Friday, for my 36 week checkup, she showed me the ultrasound results on paper and explained everything.  Apparently she thinks that the first ultrasound was not entirely accurate, so there was probably nothing to worry about in the first place.  Basically on my 20 week scan it come up that the placenta was at 19mm and then on my 36 week scan it shows that the placenta is at 96mm so that's a huge difference, such a relief...phew!

At the visit we also talked about the upcoming birth and the kind of birthing experience that I wanted.  That was a really positive experience for me knowing that the rough plan I want is clear and she will make sure that as long as all goes well my plans will go ahead.

When I first met my midwife I told her about my previous experience with birth when I had Pickle and she recommended a fantastic site called 'Spinning Babies' where they have strategies that help women prepare for birth, well as much as they can because you never know what exactly is going to happen, as I know too well.  This site has great exercises and tips on how to get the baby into position so that the baby is positioned in the most optimum position.  The exercises and tips they recommend also help with all the late pregnancy aches and pains too which is a bonus. There are also techniques to use during labour as well and some of them involve your birth support person too.
I totally recommend this site to anyone having a baby it has made me feel more confident about the upcoming birth and also given me a better understanding of how the body works  in labour.

So if you or anyone you know is having a baby I can recommend this site: Spinning Babies 

(I'm not being paid to review the site or anything, I just think it's a worthwhile tool to share to Mums to be)






P.S: More preggy pics tomorrow :)


1 comment:

  1. After going over a handful of the articles on your web site, I truly appreciate your technique of writing
    a blog. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near
    future. Please visit my website as well and let me know what you think.


    Feel free to visit my web page cardsharing åka fast

    ReplyDelete