Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My New Home Office

I have been making a few changes lately and one of those is my make over of my new home office.  Our house is quite small and there wasn't really anywhere for me to do any officey type things, so I scoured the internet and found some very interesting ideas and one that appealed to me was the home office in the cupboard (I've also made a board for this on Pinterest) so I set about creating a little space in the current linen closet (what I did with the linen to come on a later date).  I had this design for a while but couldn't for the life of me keep it organised and tidy.
As you can see the desk space was very limited and the storage space was awkward and soooo hard to keep organised.  Back on Pinterest and internet I went searching for inspiration, and it gave me a great idea to have the desk the other way around so it was the length of the cupboard.  I called in my Mr and told him my idea, he took a look and some measurements, then in a weekend I had this!

There's still a few touch ups that need to be done, but so far I'm very impressed with my Mr's handy work and it's so much easier to keep tidy and organised. I love it!

What is your home office like? Do you have trouble staying organised?  If you do then I have a fantastic giveaway at the moment don't forget to enter! Click here to enter.






Linking up with Jess at Essentially Jess for IBOT today

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a eager at use of space!!!!! So impressed you have managed to get that all in there,! Enjoy :)

    Hello forum #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! My work from home hubs and I share a 'converted' garage as our office. It's not very well converted, I am thinking of a complete overhaul.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that is a cool idea. The house we moved into the previous owners had converted an old tiny laundry into an office and moved the laundry into the garage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fabulous idea! My home office has slowly over the last few months become the room where everything gets dumped and is basically not able to be used for it's intended purpose! I actually have to come up with somewhere to relocate the desk and related stuff as we now need to turn the room where the office is in to baby #2's room, something which I am both dreading and looking forward to!

    #teamIBOT was here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks fantastic, what a great way of using the space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I have a little corner in the lounge room but it's impractical and so I don't use it. You've got me thinking about what other options I might have...

    ReplyDelete