Sunday, April 28, 2013

ANZAC Biscuits

Thursday the 25 April was ANZAC day, although I don't have anyone in my own family that was an ANZAC it's still a day that we take note of in our family.  Just a reflection, where we feel thankful for the life we live here in Australia.  So each year to mark the occasion I bake ANZAC biscuits, this is the recipe that I use each time.  Even though it's a really easy recipe, I find that the only I bake these biscuits is on ANZAC day.

ANZAC BISCUITS:

100g Butter
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1/2 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Coconut ( I use desciated)
3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
3/4 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda (Bi-Carb)
1 Tbsp Hot Water

  • Melt butter and golden syrup together in a large saucepan.  Cool.
  • Mix sugar, coconut, rolled oats and flour together.  Stir into saucepan.
  • Dissolve baking soda in water and mix in.
  • Place rounded teaspoonfuls on a greased oven tray.
  • Bake at 180C for 15 mins., or until golden




Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I love ANZAC biscuits - occasionally I make accidental ANZAC slice too. That's what happens when your biscuits are too big and too close together LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love it! I've made accidental ANZAC slice many a time :)

    ReplyDelete