Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ginger Crunch

This is the recipe for the yummy ginger crunch that I made.  My Mum used to make it all the time and this is the recipe that she used.

Ginger Crunch

Ingredients:
125g Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Ground Ginger

Icing:
50g Butter
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
2 Tsps Ground Ginger

Method:
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together.  Mix into creamed mixture.  Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board.  Knead well.  Press dough into a gresed 20x30 cm sponge roll tin.  Bake at 190C for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.  Ice with hot ginger icing.  Cut into squares when cool.

Icing:
In a small saucepan combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger.  Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.


If you try this recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as me and let me know how you went :)